Sant Esteve de Biure Church

Town
  • Biure d'Empordà
Category
  • Churches
Location
  • In Plaça de la Constitució
Phone
  • 972 52 92 91
E-mail
  • biure@infocrack.net
Age
  • XVIII
The church dates from the early 18th century and was rebuilt between 1702 and 1703. It houses a single nave with side chapels covered by lunette vaults and is visible from a large part of the Ricardell valley. The large entrance has simple Baroque decoration. The belfry is an octagonal tower with a square base. It is mentioned in documents dating from 1279 and 1280. The roof was refitted in 2005.