Santa Maria de Lladó Monastic Cloister

  • Town
    • Lladó
  • Location
    • In the centre of town
  • Phone
    • 972 56 51 01
  • E-mail
  • Age
    • XII
  • Estado de conservación del conjunto
Monastic life in Lladó dates from 1089 with the building of this Augustine canonry. The present church of Santa Maria was once the church in the old monastery. At present, there are remains of the canonry, the cloister, the monastery outbuildings and the chapter house. Mainly restored, the Town Council of Lladó occupies part of the buildings. A curiosity is the room which was used at the time as a Chapter Room is known as 'St. Joan Church'.