Santa Magdalena Chapel

Town
  • Terrades
Category
  • Chapels
Location
  • Paved road up to the sanctuary of the Salut de Terrades, continue by foot, nice 30 min walk
Phone
  • 972 56 90 48
E-mail
  • ajuntament@terrades.cat
Age
  • XV
The chapel of Santa Magdalena is located to the north-east side of the Santa Magdalena mountains. It was founded in 1681 by Minister Felip Olivet. The primitive chapel was consecrated on September 8 of the same year. The beatus Joan Bonal, founder of the Ordre de les Germanes de la Caritat de Santa Anna (Order of the Brothers of Charity of Saint Anne), was born in Terrades and for this reason, the maintenance of the sanctuary was taken over by this Order.