Sant Antoni Church and Bridge

Town
  • Sant Llorenç de la Muga
Category
  • Churches
Location
  • To the outskirts of the village
Phone
  • 972 56 91 40
E-mail
  • ajuntament@santllorencdelamuga.cat
Age
  • XIX century
The small church is located at the foot of La Muga, in the outskirts of the village of Sant Llorenç and in front of the bridge bearing the same name. The bridge is mediaeval and, before the chapel was built, was known as Pont del Grau due to its location on two limestone outcrops forming a narrowing in this section of the river. The first documentary information on the chapel dates from 1835 but it is known that an earlier religious structure was located on the same spot.